Translational Medicine Biomarker Lead
795 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139
Cambridge, MA, MA 02139
competitive benefits package
To strengthen our Bioanalytics Department we are looking for a talented individual to join our team in the position of: Translational Medicine Biomarker Lead for our Cambridge office.
The Translational Medicine Biomarker Lead is accountable for devising the biomarker strategy for assigned projects across their development lifecycle ie from pre-clinical phase to clinical proof of concept, and potentially through to late development/market. The TM Biomarker Lead will be considered a UCB Subject Matter Expert in biomarker technologies, their development and implementation. The role will therefore require deep understanding and appreciation of the scientific, technical, regulatory, intellectual property.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Develop a strong understanding and awareness of the patient journey of care, including taking responsibility for ensuring needed therapies get to the patient.
- Offer an outstanding patient experience with our product by communicating clinical information on dermatology products and relevant patient support services to an audience of health care professionals and office staff.
- Establish an understanding of the local health care ecosystems, including the payor environment.
- Demonstrate the UCB Patient Value Strategy principles by establishing collaborative and team-oriented working relationships and integrating within a matrix environment.
- Behave compliantly with all UCB policies / approved messages and coach the team to use of approved UCB sales materials and messages with HCPs and other external stakeholders
You will contribute by:
- Identify and propose innovative and feasible biomarkers aligned to the clinical development strategy to support decision making (eg proof of mechanism/concept)
- Enable stratified medicine/diagnostic approaches (where appropriate), and overall enhance the probability of successful development and approval of the asset.
- Work closely with all members of the Project team and Clinical Sub-team responsible for delivering the clinical development strategy and with external academic/industry collaborators.
- Lead the Biomarker Sub-team (a multidisciplinary team including members from Translational Biomarkers and Bioanalytics, Non-Clinical Safety, Clinical, regulatory, etc …) which is responsible for delivery of the biomarker strategy to time and budget.
- Work in a matrixed environment across US and European-based groups/functions.
- PhD or MD PhD required
- 5 years minimum experience of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience in applied translational science activities for clinical assets. This includes elaboration of a translational strategy, discovery and validation of biomarkers and companion diagnostics for incorporation into multisite clinical trials.
- 2 years minimum experience of leading strategies from discovery through early clinical development with a focus on the identification of biomarkers and genomic indicators of response and/or resistance to therapy.
- Understanding of commercial considerations for successful biomarker implementation to drug development programs.
- Experience in leveraging CROs as part of biomarker/companion diagnostic deployment.
- Knowledge on PD biomarker development and their use in PK/PD modeling.
- Knowledge and expertise in either immunology, neuroscience or neuroimmunology is preferred, with a strong publication track-record and reputation.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, written and presentation skills
- The incumbent is required to have not only strong technical and strategic abilities, but excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
At UCB, we come together every day to work, laser-focused, on a simple question: How will this create value for people living with severe diseases? By putting patients at the heart of everything we do, our approach – from discovery to development to delivery – is continuously transformed and designed around patient needs and their journey.
With a team of approximately 7,500 employees worldwide operations in more than 40 countries, we are a global biopharmaceutical company investing more than a quarter of our revenue in cutting-edge scientific research. We are focused on addressing chronic, neurological, immunological, and bone diseases. We are looking for people with passion and empathy who develop a real understanding of patient’s needs and can deliver thoughtful solutions to decisionmakers across the heath care ecosystem.
Curious to know more? Please visit our website www.ucb.com.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity.