Technician II (Small Molecule Chemistry)
Location: Coralville, Iowa, United States of America
Job Category: Manufacturing & Operations
Job ID: R1101292
Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc. (IDT) is in the business of moving science forward. We are run by scientists dedicated to helping other scientists! Our innovative tools and solutions for genomics applications are breaking down barriers and inspiring others to dream big and achieve breakthroughs.
We have been a champion of life sciences research for more than 30 years
Every lab has its own responsibilities and plays a crucial part in IDT's success.
IDT is seeking a Technician II to join our Small Molecule Chemistry Team!
Supporting IDT's mission of "Helping Realize Life's Potential", this individual will produce high-quality raw materials using a variety of organic chemistry techniques including anhydrous reactions, distillation, and column chromatography and perform analysis using TLC, UV/VIS, HPLC, and NMR. Attention to detail and the ability to keep comprehensive scientific records are an absolute requirement.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry with 6 months or more bench/lab experience.
This is an early career position, and more commonly associated with a title of "Chemist".
Shift/Schedule: MTWThF 12:00P-9:00P
What does an Associate in this position do?
- Prepares organic compounds according to documented procedures and regulations using chemical reaction equipment
- Calculates the appropriate amount of chemicals using basic and advanced math
- Measures and handles chemicals in a safe and accurate manner
- Documents tasks to ensure that work is performed in an accurate, efficient and appropriate manner
- Analyzes data from various analytical instruments
- Determines appropriate course of action based on inputs from the production protocols and analytical data
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation
- Shift Differentials, depending on the shift you work
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- U p to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible U.S. associates
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
- An Eclectic Culture
Are you ready to join an innovative, fast-paced, new team? Apply Now!
Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here .
What do we require?
- Associates' degree in a science-related field plus 2 years of applicable lab experience required
- Bachelor's degree (in Chemistry) preferred
- Previous laboratory and chemical handling experience required; one or more years preferred
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software programs with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Working knowledge of Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Reaction Set-up
- Ability to document accurately and legibly
- Ability to handle chemicals safely
- Ability to collaborate and participate, in a group setting, in a professional manner
- Adapts to changes in the process flow or changes supported by management
- Ability to adjust schedule to accommodate work demands in the production of materials
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/kv54j9m9nrxp96ks