The Molecular Technical Supervisor manages a small team of direct reports and embodies the company’s values in all aspects of managing laboratory personnel. This position performs patient sample testing, equipment maintenance, solution and reagent preparation in addition to other tasks in a highly complex clinical diagnostic laboratory. The Technical Supervisor is a decision maker for questions and is a highly trusted team member for all laboratory personnel. This role spends significant time collaborating cross-site and cross-functionally to ensure efficient workflow. The incumbent in this position may be assigned to work any day that the lab is operational and requires working in a lab environment using chemicals and reagents.
2nd Shift- Sunday-Thursday 3-11:30pm
- Manage laboratory process to ensure day-to-day operations are in compliance with internal standard operating procedures and regulatory standards of CLIA, FDA, and CAP.
- Manage laboratory personnel by preparing schedules, providing guidance and direction.
- Contribute to the maintenance or development of technical and analytical standards for method evaluation, development of quality improvement initiatives, and evaluation of new instrumentation, analytical methods and laboratory procedures.
- Act as decision maker on tactical issues operationally and systemically on designated shift.
- Provide training, competency evaluation, protocol compliance management and annual proficiency benchmarking of all laboratory personnel.
- Perform highly complex testing according to established standard operating procedures (histology, DNA/RNA isolation, NGS library prep, hybridization, and sequencing).
- Leverage a deep understanding of the process in troubleshooting assays and instrumentation as needed.
- Order reagents and consumables.
- Track samples progress and respond to sample progress inquiries from Client Services and other departments as needed.
- Support all operational aspects of quality assurance and quality control.
- Investigate and problem solve laboratory and department incidents, including driving the process forward, review and/or write non-conformance reports, deviations, CAPAs, and incident reports as needed in compliance with QMS system.
- Contribute to maintenance of equipment and other technical resources.
- Collaborate with internal teams, vendors, and others as needed to resolve issues, maintain ongoing functionality and document service, project management and repair work.
- Assist in preparing for, performing and responding to internal and external audits as well as any other inspections.
- Represent laboratory operations department at cross functional meetings or to guests as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining TAT objectives, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Review and write standard operating procedures as needed.
- Participate on cross functional teams to coordinate troubleshooting, process improvements, and/or implement new workflows or products.
- Maintain flexibility to cover scheduling gaps as needed and to be included in the on-call rotation for additional weekend and/or holiday technical support.
- Other duties as assigned.