Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Day-to-day supervision of test performance by testing personnel in genotyping
- Monitoring laboratory processes to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained, to include review of quality control, instrument and equipment maintenance, and other quality assurance activities;
- Assuring that all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications;
- In the event of non-conformances, ensuring that results of test examinations are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning;
- Verifying that staff are trained and competent prior to performing testing on patient specimens independently; and,
- Verifying that testing personnel are evaluated semiannually during the first year of hire, and thereafter annually, as being competent for assigned tasks and that remedial action is performed when staff do not perform as expected.
- Ensure production goals are met; Communicate progress against these goals on a regular basis
- Schedule and manage resources, track and report results, troubleshoot issues, train employees, and implement process improvements
- Coordinate with Planning, Engineering, and Manufacturing groups to deliver results
- Drive projects with line personnel to achieve genotyping goals.
- Solicit feedback and ideas from production personnel
- Manage the training program for direct reports.
- Manage the inventory control system (Kanban).
- Notify management of all requirements for tools, supplies, etc.
- Other duties as may be determined by Management
- Current CLS or CGMBS license. CGMBS preferred.
- 6 years of clinical supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in inventory control.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Talent Acquisition activities which include identifying needs of the shift, justification for budget to fill positions, coordinating with HR to market the position, review resumes, conduct interviews and identify and recommend a candidate as the potential hire, and employee orientation to the department and company.
- Talent Development activities which include developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Performance Management activities include setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments. Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf