Staff Scientist R&D
- Development of a companion diagnostic assay for our IVD sequencing system based on Ion Torrent technology
- Work with partners to develop a work plan for companion diagnostic development in the area of immune oncology
- Manage a group of scientists as they execute on the work plan
- Contribute to clinical trial planning, site training, and data reviews for necessary regulatory submissions
- Represent technical development on a diverse project team to meet stated milestones and timeline objectives
- The successful candidate will be involved in the entire product development process from concept to product release.
- As a bench scientist, the candidate will independently design and perform laboratory experiments and analyze the results by applying her/his knowledge in molecular biology.
- Will need to maintain complete and thorough documentation required to meet QSR Design Control, as well as other international standards (e.g., ISO compliance, GLP/GMP requirements, etc.).
- Needs to be self-motivated, capable of multi-tasking and able to ensure focused and timely execution of projects.
- The candidate should have experience with Ion Torrent instruments and sequencing applications.
- The candidate must be skilled in basic molecular biology techniques: qPCR and multiplex PCR, DNA and RNA isolation and characterization.
- The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team and enthusiastically help others on the team achieve their goals on time.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Able to provide day-to-day supervision and hands on direction for junior scientists assigned to specific projects.
- A strong work ethic to generate high quality data under tight deadlines in a fast-pace environment, collaborative and proactive attitude a must.