When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location: South San Francisco, CA
How will you make an impact?
The Genetic Sciences Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a talented individual to develop new and support on-market genetic analysis products and applications. You bring a proven track record of developing genetic analysis chemistries and applications, experience developing products from ideation to commercialization in a phase gate process, demonstrate ability to innovate new product ideas and proven ability to work in a matrixed organization. You will interface with a wide range of groups including R&D, Product Management, Program Management, Operations, customers and OEM partners.
What will you do?
- Develop new chemistries and applications for genetic analysis on the Capillary Electrophoresis platform.
- Contribute to strategic planning and help to set the direction for the business unit.
- Work with Product Management and R&D Leadership to build compelling technical and business cases for new products.
- Work with OEM partners in development of new genetic analysis platforms.
- Drive innovation through collaboration with scientists from different disciplines.
- Present project updates to colleagues and management & represent the company at customer facing meetings and scientific conferences.
- Critically analyze complex data, interpret & integrate experimental results with project objectives.
- Support engineering changes to sustain product manufacturing.
- Support on-market product activities.