Staff scientist contributor for exciting well-funded and long-term multi-venture backed Life Sciences and IVD start-up company. Determines and analyzes design approaches for biochemical assays and applications. Resolves DOE challenges for complex biochemical systems from both a biophysical and biochemical perspective. Well versed in the areas of optics, microscopy, and microfluidics as related to n-dimensional biochemical/biophysical scientific high throughput surface assays. Develops advanced methods/techniques for testing and evaluation. Designs, builds, and tests prototype equipment and products. Provides project leadership, technical consultation, work direction, and training to junior personnel. Works without appreciable direction on assigned projects/programs. Participates in determining objectives of assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and understand fundamental biochemical assays as relate to pre-steady state enzyme mechanisms.
- Design and understand fundamental biochemical assays as related to clinical assays for biomarker discovery.
- Apply fundamental understanding optical design, motion control, fluidics, and electronics to implement automation for HT biochemical assay instrumentation.
- Design, develop and execute experimental plan independently as well as in a small team.
- Interact closely with engineers to develop comprehensive solutions for high throughput assay development and screening.
- Participate in intellectual property creation.
- Provide guidance and work assignment to technicians