How will you make an impact?
The R&D Scientist - Infectious Disease (Clinical Vertical), will have leadership responsibility in planning and executing for scientific activities in the research and development of in clinically oriented products. Housed within the Genetic Sciences Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, the successful candidate will lead microbial applications R&D projects and work collaboratively with product management, bioinformatics, manufacturing, and other R&D teams to take new assay products and applications through concept, feasibility, development, and commercialization. In addition, the candidate will actively participate in external communication and collaborations with thought leaders in microbiome and infectious disease research & diagnostics. This position will ensure that all projects are aligned to the needs of the customers and business, and that developmental timelines are met. In this position, you will drive results through inspired leadership and a focused and disciplined approach to product development that is consistent with best practices in the Company and in the industry as well as in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements. This position will act as a resident expert for assays in development.
What will you do?
- Manage research and development activities through all phases of product development
- Interact cross-functionally to define products, transfer new designs to manufacturing, and ensure on-time regulatory submissions
- Set clear product development timelines and prioritize efforts to deliver on commitments
- Train and teach staff in areas of expertise
- Identify and facilitate academic collaborations and interactions with opinion leaders that are aligned with company goals
- Lead strategic road mapping efforts by linking potential customer requirements with R&D and product development initiatives
- Work in the lab, design and execute studies, and perform troubleshooting