Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
The Site Lead supports the Supply Chain activities as they relate to the San Diego Clinical Lab Services needs at the specific site level. Site Lead will be responsible for providing direct leadership and support in the development and execution at the site level to support the growing needs of the Clinical Lab Services group in San Diego.
In this job the Site Lead will support the material needs, lab stocking, and replenishment for the Clinical Lab Services group and have the cross-functional skills to successfully collaborate with Laboratory Operations, Purchasing, Quality, Engineering, R&D, Global Supply Chain and Finance. Site Lead is expected to develop strategies to support new product launch through sustaining and end of life activities within a regulated environment. This role is expected to take initiative to seek and implement continuous improvement, taking into account the impact of their decisions across the entire Illumina organization.
The successful individual will work closely with Clinical Lab Services Lab Ops team to support material needs, lot phase-in, stocking locations, replenishing qualified materials, sample receipt and unpacking, and material expediting when necessary.
The Site Lead will support costing analysis with accurately costed BOM’s by assay type and identify variance or cost leakage/yield loss.
This position will also be responsible for hiring, developing, mentoring and motivating members of the Clinical Lab Services Supply Chain team and will also work to continuously develop the team and implement in best in class Purchasing, Planning, and Materials Handling methodologies and techniques.
- Leads the Site Clinical Lab Services Supply Chain team to execute on the Operational Strategy for the CLIA Lab Services for the site.
- Oversees inventory control policy that supports effective inventory control and replenishment at the site level. Implements and manages Material Control and Quarantine and Release. Manage supply chain for assigned product line(s) ensuring no disruptions.
- Conducts regular communication updates to Supply Chain team including monthly Staff Meetings to share project status impacting Operations & Supply Chain specifically
- Maintain process to meet KPI’s and execute QBR with Critical Suppliers in an effort to increase performance.
- Drive and execute the activities such as generating KPI’s in Material Review Board events with stakeholders
- Devise and execute Clinical Lab Services Supply Chain Inventory Control Strategies and collaborate with GSCM, Finance, Clinical Lab Services Purchasing and S&OPs to optimize and align on initiatives
- Maintain the pull based replenishment process and activities associated with the process
- Planning inventory requirements utilizing business analytics to ensure materials are received at the right time and quantity
- Build and maintain communication channels with stakeholders
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain or Life Science disciplines. Graduate studies a plus.
- APICS certification preferred
- 10 years’ SCM experience with multiple product lines in a CLIA environment
- 3-5 year’ supervisory experience with strong leadership and proven supervisory skills
- Proficient with ERP and MRP Systems
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to structure and perform data analysis
- Ability to distill complex issues into simple effective messages for management
- Intermediate level skills with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel lookup and pivot tables
- Familiar with ISO, GMP & SOX regulatory requirements
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments. To learn more, visit www.illumina.com and follow @illumina.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.4 billion in 2016. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its “World’s Smartest Companies” list each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.