Roche Sequencing is not only changing science, but we are changing lives! Our team is pushing the boundary of technology with next-generation genomic sequencing. You will develop products that scientists and others in the life sciences will use to diagnose, find treatments, and eventually beat diseases like cancer.
Make a Big Difference
Do you want a career that enables you to make a huge difference? If so, we want you on our team!
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to partner with bioinformatics scientists and software developers in support of building the underlying bioinformatics analysis algorithms and workflows to support next-generation targeted sequencing solutions. Own the efforts to productionize and optimize bioinformatics software working with collaborative and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Develop efficient, maintainable, and documented code production software from scientific prototype code using software development best practices.
- Define requirements for sophisticated bioinformatics software applications utilizing creativity to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Conduct system-level analysis of software to include requirements, design, testing, modifications, planning, and performance.
- Write automation tests to acquire high test coverage.
- Continuously improve software development processes by implementing innovative methodologies and standards used by the Bioinformatics department for software development and testing.
- Document work and provide updates at team and project meetings.
- Mentor, train, and guide other developers in software standard methodologies including other bioinformaticians in the department.
- Conduct risk analysis and assessment of integrated software projects.
Who you are
When you join us, you will have meaningful work being part of a team developing an innovative technology that saves and improves lives around the world. As you collaborate with some of the best scientists/engineers in the industry, you will make a huge difference on cancer diagnostics! Our team is collaborative and fast-paced. And, we offer a competitive salary with a rich benefits package.