About the Role
We are looking for an exceptionally talented and highly self-motivated Senior Scientist to join our team to help us advance the use of molecular biology assays with our Cardean Transistors. The ideal candidate will have with 8+ years of industry experience developing and employing a wide variety of assays and will be responsible for leading an exciting new project with commercial applications. For more information about our company and the broad range of applications for our technology, please visit our website, www.cardeabio.com.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Design and optimize different classes of protein-based assays including but not limited to immunoassays, small molecule, and enzymatic assays. Experience with CRISPR-based assays is a plus, but not required.
- Design and optimize sample processing, bioconjugation, and surface chemistries with responsibility for integrating those biochemical workflows with new products.
- Support and perform biomarker detection projects with key external partners
- Effectively transfer assays from our Innovation group, through Development, to Commercial and Production teams.
- Explain and present research results orally and in writing to include external commercial partners as well as internal presentations, external conferences, white papers, and peer reviewed publications
- Perform equally well as a collaborative team member and a strong scientific individual contributor depending on project needs; be highly adaptive to changing project scopes and responsibilities
- Stay up to date with relevant technologies and developments including those relating to molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, and biosensors
- Collaborate with and manage critical relationships with external commercial partners
- Effectively communicate scientific results and progress to cross-disciplinary teams
- Contribute to building our culture that embraces inclusion, continuous learning, and improvement
- May be required to manage Research Associates and Technicians