Senior Production Planner
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven, well-rounded and experienced planning professional in Menlo Park, California. The ideal candidate possesses the skill and drive necessary to assist in the development and implementation of a scalable “world class” materials management strategy for the company. They must also have a passion for Pacific Bioscience’s relevant technology, experience in all aspects of materials and production planning and related supply chain management areas; with strong interpersonal skills for dealing with all levels of the organization.
The qualified candidate has demonstrated the ability to work in a team environment, managing the daily execution of production planning, work order management, product issuance and receipt to stock, assisting with data entry, Production, Development and Sales Ops communications and planning of direct materials through close coordination with Purchasing.
This position reports to the Manager, Production Control.
The candidate will be accountable to:
- Manage the production planning associated with the build of the Pacific Biosciences’ products
- Accountable for the proper execution of the Production Plan and ensuring that product is available for shipment per the MRP / Sales Ops requirements
- Ensure that work orders are planned, released, completed, and closed per the MPS
- Knowledge of part control and variances per work order
- Work closely with SCM, Stockroom and Production to meet product deliverables on time
- Maintain version control within the ERP system
- Manage all exhausted material, eliminate obsolete materials and move assemblies from MRB to rework in a timely fashion
- Establishment and maintenance of recipes (routings)
- Proper and timely implementation of CO’s (change orders). This includes timely disposition of all obsolete, excess, exhaust, and rework material related to the CO.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels through the active use of MRP and the maintenance of all required parameters including assembly lead times, days’ supply, EOQ, etc. for all assemblies
- Resolution of problems relating to shortages, variances, or other impediments to smooth material flow through the factory
- Active support of R&D and new product activities
- Reducing the number of aged work orders
- Ability to create, maintain and report on Production KPI data
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.