The Senior Manager role provides overall leadership to the Applications and Technology Development team associates on projects and programs within the Single Cell Multi-omics function. The successful candidate is responsible for driving the ideation, development, execution and support of applications that demonstrate the utility of BD Rhapsody platform and BD AbSeq reagents in answering scientific questions and meeting customer needs. This involves leading the team resources in demonstrating multidisciplinary approaches which leverage all of BD Biosciences capabilities including but not limited to Single Cell Multi-omics, NGS technologies, immune-oncology, Immunology. As needed the Senior Manager will support product development and design transfer activities through efficient deployment of resources.
He/she participates in ongoing innovation pipeline planning, requirements gathering, and development initiatives. The Senior Manager works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, and ensuring alignment to current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies. Acts as advisor to associates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; and has budget responsibilities. As part of the BD Biosciences Single Cell Multi-omics Applications and Technology Development team the Senior Manager provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors. Frequently interacts with cross-functional peer groups as he/she and members of the team serve as core team members for application development projects.
- Manage the Single Cell Multi-omics Applications and Technology Development team. Responsible for building and leading a coordinated and collaborative R&D team to facilitate efficient resource utilization and flexibility to respond to business growth opportunities.
- Responsible for retaining, motivating and development of associates to effectively fulfill the mission of the Technology Development organization. Manage the talent pipeline to execute the R&D Technology Development plan and provide effective leadership succession.
- Participate in Technology Development planning and execution for the effective introduction of new products, consistent with the strategic plan.
- Lead the team to perform studies demonstrating the utility of BD Biosciences portfolio of products in answering relevant scientific questions and advancing single cell biology.
- Maintain strong understanding of state-of-the-art science and technology development in the industry.
- Foster collaborations with key opinion leaders that are aligned with business strategy and manage relationships to achieve desired outcomes.
- Deliver novel Applications and Technology Development projects on schedule and within specification. Work with leadership team members and Applications/Technology Development teams to improve time to market by reducing project development cycles and improve commercial outcomes through evidence generation.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of technical reports, summaries, protocols, and analyses of R&D projects.
- Plan/participate in customer support initiatives, lead troubleshooting and risk assessment activities.
- Effectively coordinate with other functional areas associated with the R&D activities, including Product Development, Bioinformatics, Process Engineering, Platform Engineering, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Marketing, Manufacturing, Medical Affairs, Business Development, etc.
- Assure compliance with all local, state, federal, and BD policies/ procedures regulations associated with quality, regulatory, safety, HR, etc.
- Comply with all local, state, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Presents scientific updates to the business as needed