Phase Genomics is seeking smart, driven, creative data scientists and machine learning engineers to help create revolutionary clinical analysis tools. Our data team is responsible for developing new-to-science analytical methods that derive meaningful, actionable insights using data about the structure of chromatin in patient samples. Using modern machine learning techniques, we are building next generation genomic tools for understanding diseases/conditions such as cancer, autism, and reproductive anomalies.
We are seeking an organized, talented data scientist with a proven track record of developing novel machine learning systems. Particularly strong candidates will have experience with deep neural networks, especially recurrent neural networks or in image captioning applications. The chosen candidate will be responsible for development of clinically oriented machine learning analyses, from classifying potential disease markers to connecting them to actionable clinical information. They will also be responsible for participating in R&D discussions and experimental planning with members of our wet-lab team and other computational team members and contributing advice in other areas of our product line.
Every scientist and engineer on our team is given the opportunity for technical, architectural, and product-level ownership of their areas, and is expected to deliver world-class results. We value intelligence and the ability to learn, and our team is composed of people who are capable of owning a problem space top to bottom, yet who still collaborate to deliver great results as a team.
Phase Genomics’ computational team is currently fully remote, and remote candidates will be considered for this position. We are open to this position remaining remote after coronavirus mitigation procedures end.
- Conceive, design, and implement deep learning or other analytical models to extract actionable insights from human clinical data in samples including
- Cancer-causing or cancer-implicated mutations
- Reproductive health
- Human microbiome health
- Other human genetic/genomic disease
- Provide general data science expertise and advice to the team on other parts of the Phase Genomics product line.
- Design software in a manner conducive to supporting in-market products in a devops model.
- Collaborate with wetlab and other computational staff to optimize experimental design.
- Help define company technical strategy, especially connecting analytical approaches to product development and product strategy.
- Maintain thorough documentation of experiments, processes, etc.
- Work with a collaborative and cross-functional team.