NUSeq is Northwestern University’s core facility on next-gen sequencing and other state-of-the-art genomics technologies, with the mission to providing infrastructure and expertise for genome research conducted at Northwestern University. Located on Northwestern’s Feinberg School of Medicine Campus in Chicago, NUSeq provides 60 services to Northwestern investigators on both Evanston and Chicago campuses. These services cover a broad range of DNA/RNA/genome technologies from automated DNA extraction, DNA/RNA sample QC, cell line authentication, Sanger sequencing, to next-generation sequencing (NGS), microarray, real-time quantitative PCR, and droplet digital PCR.
Recently NUSeq has started a new initiative on clinical NGS to support Northwestern Medicine. This clinical NGS specialist position is created to support this new initiative. The position will cover CLIA/CAP accreditation application, clinical NGS workflow establishment, patient sample processing, and new assay development. The position will have ample support from and interactions with bioinformaticians and pathologists. The Core’s highly collegial team looks to have a new colleague with abundant CLIA NGS experience to launch the Core’s NGS services for clinical and translational research.
- Establish CLIA/CAP-compliant lab SOPs for WGS, WES, and gene panel sequencing;
- Conduct CLIA/CAP-compliant WGS, WES, and gene panel sequencing library prep, Illumina sequencing, and sequencing run monitoring;
- Develop new NGS assays for emerging clinical sequencing needs;
- Interact with and assist core bioinformaticians, pathologists, and genetic counselors, on sequencing data QC, analysis, and interpretation of results;
- Support other functions of the Facility for translational and basic research in terms of similar NGS needs.