To strengthen the Immunology Team based in Smyrna, Georgia, we are looking for a talented individual to fill the position of: Rheumatology Medical Strategy Lead.
The Rheumatology Medical Strategy Lead provides medical expertise to the rheumatology commercial and medical teams and provides clinical and scientific guidance to the Medical Affairs team ensuring the successful implementation of the medical portion of the company’s plan for its products in the rheumatology space.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Derive strategic medical plans for marketed and late-stage pipeline products as part of an integrated strategic plan for asset portfolio management.
- Be accountable as a rheumatology scientific/medical expert and UCB products their relevant therapeutic indications.
- Compliantly contribute to the cross-functional organizational rheumatology strategy through collaboration with leadership in other areas such as clinical development, real-world evidence generation, publications, market access, sales, and marketing.
- Assess needs and ensures execution of key exploratory data analysis projects via liaison with Medical colleagues on Patient Solutions Teams (PSTs), Medical colleagues from other regions, and the Biostatistics group.
- In collaboration with Medical Communications and Strategic Publications, manage the publication plan developed each year by the Global Medical Director in collaboration with the Patient Solutions Team (PST).
You will contribute by:
- Brainstorming science-related data needs and their communication channels and platforms.
- Maintaining therapeutic area expertise by collecting competitive intelligence and disease state info from both literature and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) via liaison with the Field Medical Team.
- Providing input to global R&D to best represent patient unmet needs in development programs including pipeline assets.
- Developing training materials and programs to ensure brand teams, sales training department and the medical teams have appropriate levels of expertise in relevant disease states and with relevant products.
- Reviewing topics for CME events related to relevant therapeutic areas and provides professional input for symposia development and key congresses in accordance with Company educational programs and scientific communications and publications policies.