Volta Labs is seeking an exceptional research associate passionate about molecular biology to join our vibrant and interdisciplinary team in Cambridge, MA.
You will contribute to small and large projects pertaining to Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS), Transcriptomics and Epigenetics on Volta’s proprietary platform. You will work closely with the assay development team and engineering team to test and optimize various molecular biology approaches. Specific techniques include, but are not limited to, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) including DNA-seq / RNA-seq library preparation, nucleic acid extraction, purification and quantification, qPCR, cell culture, assay automation.
- Assist with the development of new sequencing and molecular biology approaches
- Execute complex laboratory experiments with minimal errors
- Develop and troubleshoot protocols on Volta’s proprietary automation platform
- Document and summarize results that are clear and actionable
- Communication of data, observations, and issues to supervisor
- Work closely with a cross-functional team consisting of biologists, engineering and software developers
- Proactively build technical competencies in technology and biology associated with the product
- Assist in the generation of documents such as manuals, protocols and SOPs.