Streck is seeking to grow their research and development team by recruiting an innovative and results-driven scientist to join the team. This scientist will be responsible for the initiation, design, development, execution, and implementation of scientific research projects. The person selected for this position will be a member of the growing and dynamic New Product Development-Molecular group within Streck’s R&D team. This position will serve as a leader for project teams on projects that require expert and extensive knowledge of advanced principles. As a member of this group, the person key contributor in both proposing and investigating new and innovative product opportunities for clinical diagnostics and/or related markets.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Design and execute research and development experiments for the investigation of new and innovative products for clinical and/or related markets
- Conduct research according to applicable regulatory guidelines - including FDA design control requirements
- Support process/product validation, process/product improvement initiatives, and investigational studies
- Expertise in microbiology-based applications, including molecular and phenotypic tests
- Design, plan, and write experimental protocols and reports for studies to support regulatory clearance for molecular diagnostic products
- Collect, record, analyze, and interpret experimental data and report results
- Carry out a diverse range of tests utilizing chemical and molecular biological analysis techniques
- PhD. in microbiology, molecular biology, or biochemistry
- Minimum of 5-7 years industry experience is preferred
- Experience with molecular and biochemical techniques
- Ability to design and execute research studies, as well as mentor colleagues.
- Experience with 510(k) submissions is preferred
- Certified molecular or microbiology technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists MB(ASCP), M(ASCP), or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience with antibiotic resistance profiling (molecular and phenotypic) is a plus