The Regional Sales Manager will directly manage BGI’s tech-service business with government, academic and industrial accounts. The candidate will be responsible for revenue generation and business growth in the designated geographical region.
1. Assume overall accountability for establishing and implementing an effective sales plan, meeting regional sales goals with budgeted resources and developing key account sales strategies.
2. Understand and maintain current knowledge of the company's products and services. Keep informed on technological developments, market competition, policies and regulation, etc., in the genomics space. Utilize resources and perform research to determine sales patterns and strategies for different market sectors.
3. Perform territory business analysis and report results to the Director of Sales on a regular basis. Evaluate budget execution, product performance, operation efficiency within territory and report results/suggestions to leadership team.
4. Identify key business opportunities in research, government and biotech space. Develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders. Utilize customer resources to expand BGI’s influence and to secure key business opportunities.
5. Effectively coordinate with Account Manager, Project Manager and the Production Team to ensure smooth execution of projects and proper communication of project status to clients. Work with Product Managers through collaborative projects with key clients to drive product development.
6. Attend national and regional conferences, trade shows and corporate meetings as scheduled.
7. Understand BGI’s value proposition in broader scope and being able to communicate BGI‘s vision beyond sequencing services.