Pathnostics, a diagnostic solutions company, is seeking an R&D Supervisor to oversee a small team of R&D Associates and help manage small to large-scale projects including validations, process improvements, cost savings initiatives, and research proposals. Reporting to the VP of R&D with additional oversight by the Chief Scientific Officer, the R&D Supervisor is responsible for managing day-to-day activities of the Research and Development team. The position directs the work of R&D personnel, leads research initiatives, procures and manages supplies, and works cross-functionally on concurrent projects to ensure that project benchmarks are achieved on time and within budget.
- Translate the vision for the expansion or optimization of the company’s products into actionable and achievable goals.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of all members of the R&D staff.
- Oversee the prioritization, implementation, and monitoring of R&D activities to ensure high standards and successful completion of projects.
- Provide technical oversight and expertise to the R&D team to continuously improve upon the development and/or optimization of assays.
- Perform basic to complex data analysis, recognizing and correcting errors.
- Supervise technical documentation creation, organization, and submission to Medical Director for approval.
- Participate in all technical phases of product development, including but not limited to selection of equipment, process creation and optimization, analysis and interpretation of results.
- Support the presentation of company products to stakeholders by addressing all scientific and technical questions.
- Create project plans and timelines, monitor project health, costs and budget to ensure all organizational and financial goals are achieved.
- Mentor and manage R&D staff by tracking and maintaining performance, schedules, and training.
- Maintain superior document control within the department as well as through implementation, launch and transferal to other departments, ensuring all technical documentation created adheres to any and all appropriate regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the R&D laboratory is stocked, resourced, and maintained.
- Coordinate with all levels of laboratory staff, as well as third-party vendors, to facilitate the completion of projects.
- Report on health and status of R&D projects to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Coordinate the training and technical support to laboratory staff coinciding with introduction of new assays or procedures.
- Continuously identify and apply relevant information from scientific literature applicable to current project(s) to improve upon existing procedures or troubleshoot scientific and/or technical issues.
- Other dutues as assigned