Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Are you an experienced Program Manager? Do you want to take your expertise farther? Take the next step. Join us in this innovative, solutions-oriented environment as a project team leader. You will be a key player for ensuring Agilent is leading the way in companion diagnostic product development. In this position, you will be externally facing to pharmaceutical industry partners and internally facing to the Agilent CDx core project team. You will have cross-functional responsibility for planning, directing and facilitating execution of deliverables in a new product development environment. The successful person for this job will work closely with global cross-functional project teams, line management and external partners to ensure that the project objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget. The CDx Program Manager will report to the Director of CDx Program Management and may supervise other employees.
- Responsible for leadership of complex, global, multi-site, cross-functional project teams including scoping the initial project plan, assembling the project teams, and controlling the project execution to ensure timely completion of projects
- Serves as a direct and principle contact between pharma client teams and CDx/DGG project stakeholders
- Utilize effective project management techniques to independently execute on project deliverables. This includes managing scope, schedule, risk and budget without sacrificing quality.
- Analyze, plan and track project phases and activities, and communicate the timelines/milestones/goals on a regular basis to CDx/DGG management, the project team and other stakeholders
- Create and manage resource forecast plans, and work directly with line managers to communicate and agree to project staffing requirements
- Track estimated project revenues and costs against defined metrics; proactively communicate deviations to relevant stakeholders, internal and external
- Obtain partner approval and create appropriate customer billing requests to achieve revenue targets and cash flow expectations for the business
- Manage assay production requests for clinical trials or internal development activities
- Effectively and proactively identify and communicate risks to stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Review, understand and ensure project delivers contracted scope and budgete throughout the project, together with the project's stakeholders..
- Identify and document customer requests for work outside contracted scope.
- Lead preparation and alignment of decision process in joint project governance bodies; including but not limited to joint project teams (JPTs) and joint steering committees (JSCs)
- Establish and maintain project lifecycle documentation
- Work collaboratively with external customers to insure that company and partner interests are addressed in a balanced fashion
- Establish trust and work with integrity while motivating others to achieve the goals of the project
- Serve as a consultant to other project teams and a mentor to other Program Managers
- Perform lessons learned on projects and make information available to other project teams
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System
Ability to travel up to 25 travel days a year both domestic and international