Asuragen is a fast-growing molecular diagnostics company that is using genomics to drive better patient management through best-in-class clinical testing solutions. The Company enlists a breadth of technologies and talent to discover, develop and commercialize diagnostic products and services with efficiency and flexibility for internal projects and our bio/pharma partners.
Key Requirements and Duties:
- Follows work instructions to formulate reagents
- Follows work instructions to test and qualify products and reviews the data obtained for compliance to specifications
- Assists in downstream production by following work instructions to fill, label and package reagents
- Proposes solutions to technical issues with management or technical lead prior to executing
- Maintains quality of manufactured products; records information accurately while following Good Documentation Practices as well as verify work performed by co-workers.
- Documents non-conformances and deviations
- Follows work instructions for the analysis and release of raw materials
- Performs rework as required according to designated work instructions
- Coordinates and performs equipment maintenance
- Performs equipment validation as required
- Performs product stability testing according to work instructions
- Performs timely and accurate work order and inventory transactions
- Maintains accurate inventory. Performs weekly cycle counts
- Develops appropriate proficiency in the ERP system
- Able to work independently on routine work and receives detailed instructions on new assignments
- Performs general lab maintenance, cleaning and organization
- Executes work in a safe manner, notifying management of and assisting in the remediation of safety issues and risks
- Applies experience and logic to resolve a variety of moderately complex problems
- Provides support for cross-functional teams on complex projects
- Identifies and implements process improvements
- Revises and updates procedures as needed
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Skilled in the use of software programs such as Microsoft Office and database management programs.
- Organized, attention to detail and process oriented
- Good time management skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with high degree of accuracy
- Good written and communication skills
- Able to work in an fast paced environment
- Readily adaptable to changing demands
- Familiarity with ERP systems, especially QAD
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals
- Knowledge of cGMP, GLP, ISO, CE or other regulated environments
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent and 2-5+ years experience in a production environment; or a combination of education and applicable work experience.