Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Join the Genomics team in Agilent's Diagnostics and Genomics Group. The market for Agilent's Genomics products continues to enjoy significant growth through the invention, development and launch of high-value products as well as the acquisition and integration of new technologies. In a direct sales role as a Biomolecular Analysis Division (BAD), Product Specialist, you will be responsible for driving sales of Agilent Technologies biomolecular analysis instrumentation and associated products in the QC space within the territory. As an integral member of the field sales team you will use your excellent technical sales track record to focus on acquiring new customers while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. As a BAD Product Specialist, you will be expected to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell complex genomic solutions to high-level contacts within this highly competitive marketplace.
Location: MD, VA, Washington DC, NC, SC, GA, GL, TN (must be located near a major airport)
- Driving sales of high-performance genomic products and services in a defined territory
- Partner with Account Managers to provide assistance with instrument demonstrations, seminars and roadshows and negotiations
- Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts
- Develop and maintain strategic buying relationships with customers and manage the overall relationship with accounts
- Focus on strategic products applications (including nucleic acid and protein QC) and solutions in strategic accounts across territory
- Contribute to developing effective strategies and tactics that will enable Agilent to gain market share
- Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customer needs
- Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums
- Understand Genomics in the Academic, Government, Not-for-Profit and Pharmaceutical industries and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products
- Represent Agilent to the customer AND the customer to the company