The Product Manager (Oncology) is responsible for setting strategic direction and tactical implementation of activities that will lead to a customer-centric product definition and commercialization. This includes development of marketing plans and activities that drive the flow of products to our customers in a manner that creates product differentiation and value creation.
This "product advocate" is the focal point for the organization with respect to product and market knowledge, planning/execution, and achievement of business objectives.
The PM is responsible for the product from identification of customer and market needs/wants, to concept and product development, product launch, through and including product discontinuation.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in defining an oncology portfolio roadmap, new product development, marketing and commercialization with a strong technical background in molecular biology.
This role does not include subordinates
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Analyze data from market trends, customer requirements, competitive strategy, and identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation and winning value propositions
- Manage the complete product lifecycle, including detailed roadmap within the oncology portfolio. This includes new assay development and corresponding business cases, with due emphasis on revenue growth, and profitability for the portfolio
- Define the product strategy and roadmap and build consensus across a range of stakeholders and functional teams in the organization
- Work cross-functionally through new product development processes from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, support product launch and sales training to achieve timely launches and commercial objectives
- Ensure that appropriate customer requirements/design inputs are captured and demonstrated in a market and data-driven manner to inform the development team. Serve as commercial lead on product development core teams to ensure customer requirements and perspectives are top of mind throughout process.
- Appropriately prioritize and deliver product updates and line extensions based on business impact.
- Serve as the commercial cross-functional partner to QA, RA and Operations to ensure product quality and supply.
- Drive and communicate global publications/data generation strategies to support portfolio and objectives.
- Track and monitor performance against key performance indicators; streamline and standardize metrics and reporting to drive and support business outcomes.
- Be the oncology portfolio subject matter expert to support internal and field-based teams to help drive product understanding and adoption
- Manage worldwide supply, demand, revenue, margin, and pricing for product portfolio; update and present forecasts regularly to management, sales, and manufacturing teams
Education & Experience:
- BS degree in Life Sciences, preferably Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry; advanced degree(MS or PhD) in any of these disciplines preferred.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in development and/or marketing of oncology products and bioinformatics in the molecular diagnostics space or equivalent experience in other IVD or medical device spaces.
- 10-25% travel (domestic and international) is expected for purposes of attending industry conferences, and to meet with Asuragen customers on company products.
Skills & Competencies
- Must exhibit strategic and critical thinking, teamwork, creativity, planning and execution skills backed by strong analytical decision making
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to set priorities based on alignment with business goals and strategic direction, define timelines and deliver to commitments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work and lead collaboratively within marketing and cross functionally
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Results oriented and displays a sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and self-motivated, with strong desire to make an impact