SUMMARY:The Product Manager for LGC SeraCare is responsible for the company’s product lines including ACCURUN® Quality Controls, Performance and Linearity Panels, and Disease State Material. Activities include portfolio and product lifecycle management, product commercialization, and marketing strategy and communications. This position ensures that budgets, timelines and performance objectives are met. ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS:DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Manage complete product lifecycle for product lines, from commercialization through end-of-life.
- Execute successful product launches while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Provide regular sales support, including support of custom opportunities and sales training.
- Work closely with internal planning and sourcing teams to ensure product availability.
- Create and maintain product technical documentation and customer-facing communications.
- Participate in development of both short and long-term product roadmaps.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on product line financial metrics.
- Working with Marketing Communications, develop impactful marketing campaigns and content.
- Ensure internal stakeholders receive information necessary to meet their goals.
- Manage the performance of the product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle; perform regular product line rationalization to drive profitability and lead new product commercialization initiatives.
- Based on in-depth knowledge of customer and market needs, define product design requirements.
- Function as the Core Team Lead for New Product Development interfacing with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and Sales while maintaining launch timelines.
- Employ formal and informal market research to identify new product and business opportunities; develop business cases in support of new product proposals.
- Act as the product line expert and primary contact for both internal and external stakeholder support.
Marketing Strategy and Communications
- Employ VOC and market research to continuously refine customer personas.
- Perform regular assessments of competitive landscape to identify portfolio gaps and opportunities.
- Use customer insights to inform and develop compelling communication strategies.
- Define and validate a value proposition and messaging framework, informed by best-practice, to promote market development and support sales efforts.
- Work with Marketing Communications to leverage segmentation strategies for content development and implementation of tactical marketing activities to support current products and new product launches in order to meet financial goals.
- Promote an environment supportive of teamwork, positive communication, and respect.
- Build strong relationships with sales, business development, technical and operations teams.
- Assists with other projects as necessary.