SUMMARY:The Product Manager for LGC Maine Standards is responsible for the company’s product lines including VALIDATE®, Quality Controls, Floor Standards and Correlation kits with direct oversight of the business’ current and future product and service offering, and market expansion. Activities include portfolio management, segmentation strategy, brand management, communications, and thought leadership. This position ensures that budgets, timelines and performance objectives are met. ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS:DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Champion the Voice of Customer.
- Develop one, three, and five-year product roadmaps.
- Create business cases with supporting financial models for portfolio growth initiatives.
- Develop product marketing strategy and provide input into the annual Marketing Budget.
- Execute successful product launches while meeting timeline and budget targets.
- Working with MarCom, monitor, evaluate and report on all marketing activity, assessing impact across revenue, share growth, ROI and equity metrics.
- Ensure internal stakeholders receive information necessary to meet their goals.
- Analyze key market drivers and perform market analysis, including market size, market share, channel performance and competitive environment.
- Monitor the performance of the product portfolio throughout the product lifecycle, identifying market gaps and product/ service enhancements.
- Employ formal and informal market research to monitor, identify and interpret changing customer attitudes, demands and unmet needs for global diagnostic products and services.
- Working with Technical Product Management, drive New Product Development interfacing with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality and Sales while maintaining launch timelines.
- Develop segmentation strategies via a strong program of insight and understanding, and feed this insight into strategic planning and impactful go-to-market strategies including product positioning, key benefits and target customers.
- Support the business’ growth with product and service offerings outside of its core lines.
- Lead the systematic planning, development and delivery of robust marketing strategies that align to the Business Plan and support the business’ efforts to meet revenue and EBIDTA financial targets.
- Engage with Sales, Business Development and Business Unit leads to align marketing activities in support of both existing business and growth plans across all customer and market segments.
- Provide input into corporate strategy development, including M&A activity.
- Use customer insights to inform and develop compelling communication strategies.
- Define and validate a value proposition and messaging framework, informed by best-practice, to promote market development and support sales efforts.
- Work with Marketing Communications to leverage segmentation strategies for content development and implementation of tactical marketing activities supporting current products and new product launches meeting financial goals.
- Develop, and work with MarCom, to implement a comprehensive digital equity strategy for the business, in areas including social media, SEO, PPC, e-Blasts and integrated digital and traditional marketing tools.
- Develop tools and techniques to support indirect sales via In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) manufacturers and/or distribution channels.
- Develop a cohesive strategy for the engagement of key internal (including corporate) and external stakeholders, key influencers and opinion leaders, and external bodies and other partners for the advancement of LGC Maine Standards in our applied markets.
- Promote an environment supportive of teamwork, positive communication, and respect.
- Build strong relationships with sales, business development, technical and operations teams.
- Assists with other projects as necessary.