Principal System Integration Engineer
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
The role will work closely with customers, product marketing, product development, operations and quality assurance. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience interfacing with multi-disciplinary development teams and facilitating the import of lab protocols from product development into a clinical laboratory at high scale.
Experience in molecular biology methods for nucleic acid applications, sequencing, and liquid handler automation would be beneficial.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, develop, document and analyze overall architecture of a high-scale genomic sequencing facility, including fluidic systems; instrumentation; data center and management systems.
- Define system interfaces; architectural views & Concept of Operations supporting sample-receipt to customer-ready data solution.
- Determine integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs.
- Coordinate design and integration of total system including subsystems.
- Define site configuration & lab setup.
- Develop a system robustness strategy including monitoring, fault handling and control systems.
- Develop system Configuration Management strategy to ensure consistently high performance and availability.
- Contribute to administrative system planning.
- Requirement development and validation.
- The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with customers, as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Experience with advanced automation control systems.
- Experience in data center deployment & management. Familiarity with cloud deployments and data privacy desired.
- Able to execute at all phases of the product life cycle from product concept, design, development up to production.
- Able to work closely with Product Marketing team to define system requirements, plan activities and contribute to budget of allocated project scope.
- Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change.
- Thrives in a multi-disciplinary team and drives our culture by developing trust with senior and junior scientists and engineers.
- Experience with clinical environments (LDT/CLIA) desired.
- Experience in biotechnology and laboratory techniques desired.
- Minimum 7+ years or equivalent in instrumentation, life sciences and/or clinical research markets required. Experience with genomics products preferred.
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science, advanced degree preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.