Who We Are: Sun Genomics is a VC-backed microbiome health startup company creating custom formulated, precision probiotics. Our disruptive technology uses combined applications of genomics, bioinformatics, and microbial physiology. Founded in 2016 in beautiful San Diego, California, Sun Genomics’ first product, Floré, is the world’s only fully customized probiotic using state-of-the-art whole genomic testing of a person’s gut microbiome. Our platform has applications to solve specific issues in areas of infant health, chronic conditions, and food allergies - empowering individuals to manage and augment their microbiome for the first time. If you love to drive growth, have been wanting to lead a team of your own, and are thrilled with the idea of seeing your work impact the health and wellness of billions of people, then you should read on! Sun Genomics is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Scholar for a new project in the area of microbial ecology with a special focus on host-microbe interactions driven by customized probiotics. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented scholar looking for a career in science. What You Will Do: You will work closely with Sun Genomics’ team of researchers in their San Diego headquarters laboratory on exciting Microbiome research studies. Responsibilities:
- Project management, meeting coordination and leadership
- Experimental design and implementation, data analyses, and report/manuscript preparation
- Identifying, coordinating, and leading the writing of manuscripts
- Leading peer-reviewed literature, submitting key manuscripts, and leading team members in delivering milestones
- Using big data to create graphs and visual for publication
- Processing samples in a wet lab environment
Who You Are: Required Qualifications:
- Recent Ph.D. (within the past four years) in Microbiology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Environmental Engineering, Chemical engineering, Computer Science or Allied discipline
- Hands on experience with large datasets and data analysis and integration oR, tableau, or other big data stat modeling software experience
- Experience in project management, team leadership, and effective communications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in host-microbiome interactions, microbe-microbe interactions, microbe-environment interactions
- Hands on experience with metagenomics analysis
- Hands-on experience with lab-scale bioreactor operations, and ideally some metabolites analysis (like short chain fatty acids).
- Experience mentoring graduate and undergraduate students.