At the Digital Biology Group (a division of Bio-Rad) we use microfluidic chips to generate nanoliter-sized droplets as reaction vessels to power a extremely precise digital nucleic acid measurement method known as droplet digital PCR (ddPCR). As we’ve established our market lead in digital PCR, we’re expanding into new applications for our core technology. We believe our partition technology (creating hundreds of thousands of droplets) will open up new avenues in basic life sciences research and become a new paradigm in life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. We are looking for an experienced candidate to be the R&D Program Lead for the Digital Biology Group’s efforts to expand into the Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing (NIPT) IVD market.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate passionate about improving patients’ lives, who will be responsible for building and leading a high performance NIPT product development team of direct reports focused on assay development. The successful candidate will be the R&D Lead of the NIPT IVD program and have overall technical responsibility for all aspects of the program. Overall, an individual who thrives in taking and owning novel ideas from white board to full product release in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Build, manage and lead the NIPT assay development team of direct reports ranging from Sr. Staff Scientists to Research Associates, including the coaching and mentoring of staff to ensure continuous technical and career development.
- Being a Technical Lead of the NIPT IVD program responsible for building a program team comprised of direct reports and matrixed R&D functions encompassing Microfluidic, Firmware, Software and System Engineers, Computational Biologists, and Biostatisticians. Partnering closely with Business Development, Marketing, QA, RA and PMO supporting program objectives.
- As Technical Lead, ensure all technical aspects of timely program delivery. These responsibilities include but not limited to technical decisions within the project; technical delivery of project objectives; communicating technical status of project; contributing to budget management; and compliance with quality and regulatory standards.
- In close collaboration with Marketing, invent and establish concept/feasibility of NIPT IVD products. Also collaborate with Marketing and Operations to develop the physical product specifications and configurations that deliver the optimum product performance.
- Working with the leadership team at the DBG, this individual will also be responsible for all aspects of successful application development (assay, software & system) for NIPT from product inception through development, transfer to operations, verification, clinical trial support and product launch guaranteeing high-quality IVD product delivery.
- Be a Thought Leader in NIPT clinical applications and gain a presence in the field through inventions, product commercialization, presentations and publications.