For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Process customer samples in the microbiology laboratory utilizing the various technology platforms including but not limited to bacterial 16S rDNA and fungal ITS2 sequencing, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry and ribotyping. Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and GMP compliance.
We are seeking a Molecular Technologist for our Microbial Solutions site located Newark, DE.
The following are responsibilities related to the Molecular Technologist:
• Conduct accurate processing of customer samples in accordance with current SOPs.
• Receive, unpack, log, and subculture customer samples according to current SOPs.
• Aliquot and prepare reagents.
• Perform test streaks for isolation, PCR, sequencing of customer samples and other laboratory processes including but not limited to mass spectrometry and ribotyping.
• Perform continual maintenance, repair and cleaning of all laboratory equipment.
• Perform pipette verification.
• Operate and maintain laser cutter.
• Provide backup for all laboratory functions when needed.
• Dispose of microbe cultures, chemicals and glass in proper waste containers.
• Collaborate with technical support to resolve discrepancies with customer samples.
• Comply with all aspects of laboratory safety, safety stations, safety manuals, safety SOP, and MSDS sheets.
• Suggest process improvements.
• Perform or support special projects in the lab when needed.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.