Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer I Position Summary/Objective:
The Manufacturing Engineer I reports to the Manager, Systems Manufacturing and is responsible to follow quality and technical procedures for instrument manufacturing and substrate processing within the production facility. The position requires the ability to work independently on routine assignments and collaborate effectively within the team. Individual exercises good judgment when resolving a problem and communicates effectively to management when seeking advice. This position is expected to work cross-functionally with internal Engineering, Quality Control and Quality Assurance to continuously improve the systems manufacturing processes.
The Manufacturing Engineer I role is office based.
- Process chip substrates by performing incoming inspection via Keyence.
- Etch substrates and clean via vapor degreasing process where chemical and solvent handling experience is required.
- Manufacture reagent kits and chips associated with specific instrument platforms.
- Assemble, test and package of multi-sample instruments, automated liquid handlers, imaging systems, and real-time thermocyclers through the effective use of hand tools.
- Able to follow manufacturing SOPs and engineer drawings to assemble complex instrumentation and operate robotic printers or dispensers.
- May assist in operating robotic printers for the manufacture of microfluidic chips.
- Follows quality control test procedures to perform system tests. Analyze system test data for pass/fail results. Keeps accurate test records.
- Maintains records to comply with regulatory and safety requirements, good manufacturing practices, and standard operating procedures for laboratory environments.
- Recognizes improvements, and redlines SOPs, where changes may be beneficial.
- Offers suggestions on improvements for performance, reliability and cost reductions.
- Ensures the effective use of materials and equipment in producing quality products at minimum cost.
- Receives and inspects assemblies and materials for correct form, fit and function.
- May purchase inventoried or expense materials through iProcurement processes.
- Maintains documentation for areas of responsibility.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- AS/BS degree in a technical discipline in engineering or life science desired.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with microfluidics, precision low volume liquid handlers, robotic printers or dispensers desired.
- Prior experience assisting with instrumentation builds desirable.
- Experience working in a semi-conductor or plate handling facility desirable.
- Experience using personal computers and proficient using Excel.
- Knowledge of SOLIDWORKS desirable.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs. unassisted.
Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.