GRAIL is seeking a Manager to lead the LabOps Core Lab team, who will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient execution of GRAIL assays in support of R&D activities and pharma partnerships. The candidate will be leading the development and growth of a new team that will need to be staffed and trained on a variety of GRAIL assays. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, dynamic team player with deep experience in both automated and manual NGS assay execution. The candidate will be expected to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Quality, Supply Chain, Biosample Operations, and the Clinical Lab - to forecast for upcoming activities, delegate work to direct reports, and be instrumental in the implementation and operation of the Core Lab.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the forecasting and execution of experiments with various stakeholders including R&D, Biosample Operations, and Supply Chain
- Become an expert on current production assays and legacy manual workflows
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GLP
- Lead a team of research associates in the planning and execution of various NGS workflows
- Actively participate and engage in the development and testing of new assays and technologies in collaboration with R&D
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials