This position is located onsite at our San Diego office - A hybrid remote work and onsite would be considered, and full remote work would be considered for the Bay Area or CA candidates.
Summary of Role:
The Licensing and Contracts Manager will ensure that contract terms meet company compliance requirements and business goals and standards through effective drafting, negotiation and coordination. This role is responsible for collaborating with various levels of the organization preparing contract documents that protect the interests of the company, and will serve as a liaison between operations, sales, client services and finance in the review, prioritization, and oversight of the contracting process. Must efficiently manage a variety of contracts and agreements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews contracts to ensure accuracy of preparation of company contracts, necessary clauses, compliance with company requirements.
- Attends meetings/calls for internal discussion on contract matters to resolve questions and find resolution.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure approvals and contract requirements are being addressed.
- Drafts, edits and negotiates various contracts confidentiality agreements (CDA/NDA), supply contracts, licenses, permits, Master Service Agreements (MSA) and Amendments etc.
- Uses an array of business software applications (e.g., Word, Access, Salesforce, contract life cycle management software, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc).
- Follows up on redlines sent out to client or internal to ensure timeline and objectives are met.
- Flexible to do a variety of task as assigned, assist with business development deals.
- Builds positive relationships and partnerships across the functional teams.
- Provides escalation assistance to team members; recommends potential solutions to issues.
- Meets deadlines while producing quality results.
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Life science tools and pharmaceutical experience a plus.