Vector Laboratories is seeking a Laboratory Associate II is responsible for manufacturing Vector’s labeling and detection products using routine and advanced procedures and documenting all work in production batch records using established good documentation practices. The Laboratory Associate II operates and maintains a variety of laboratory equipment. Must have knowledge of laboratory safety and practices as well as experience with techniques such as spectrophotometry, protein labeling and conjugation, and chromatography. The Laboratory Associate II follows established procedures and works under general supervision on assigned tasks.
- Manufactures reagents and product according to ISO 9001/2015 requirements and established procedures
- Documents all manufacturing steps as they are performed using good documentation practices
- Performs column purification/chromatography, protein conjugations, and kit reagent preparation using manual and automated procedures
- Performs in-process testing as required
- Drafts and revises manufacturing and ISO related documents as needed
- Maintains, calibrates and validates production equipment using established protocols
- Supports non-conforming material investigation as directed
- Works with hazardous materials following specified safety precautions
- Maintains inventory control of raw materials and supplies using proper labeling and computerized systems
- Assists in inventory control of raw materials and supplies
- Assists in bottling and kit packing as needed
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe laboratory environment following health and safety guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BS or BA degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Life Sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 4 years directly related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015 requirements and procedures desired
- Ability to work with animal and human derived materials
- Ability to troubleshoot routine and some non-routine procedures and techniques
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas, reasoning, and conclusions across functional departments both verbally and in writing
- Deomonstrated ability to work well under pressure and time constraints while maintaining a high level of work quality
- Ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted
Vector Laboratories is a rapidly growing biotech firm in Burlingame, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
Vector Laboratories is an EEO Employer.