Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life. POSITION SUMMARY:The Research Associate will plan, contribute to experimental design, execute experiments, and analyze data for these responsibilities with only high-level guidance and deliver reports according to deadlines. The Research Associate is expected to lead the production of high-level data summaries upon project completion that effectively and concisely communicate relevant findings for the study. The Research Associate will also assist with other IVD Assay Development activities as needed included but not limited to formulation optimization, QC, QA report filing, and equipment maintenance. The position is expected to keep detailed experimental records and communicate data to supervisors and peers in a thorough and honest manner. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, execute, and analyze experiments
- Interpret scientific results and provide recommendations for moving forward
- Consolidate and communicate results to scientists, project leaders, or customers
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date lab notebooks, sample inventories, etc.
- Communicate feasibility of deadlines set for CDx projects
- Meet deadlines and drive projects forward
- Idea generation to improve existing technology and drive future technology
- Additional duties as assigned
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- 2-5+ years of laboratory experience
- 1+ years in an industry setting (preferred)
- Proficient familiarity with common molecular biology techniques
- Drive and determination
- Demonstrated scientific problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team; ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively; enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Self starter
- Detail oriented
- Self directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand holding
- Able to organize, prioritize, and communicate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- BS/MS/PhD in biochemistry or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
Expected Pay Rate in Colorado from: $55,000
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.