Genuity Science is a global leader in high quality contract genomics. To build on our mission to improve lives through genomics, we are investing in our global laboratory footprint and are seeking a Histotechnologist I / II to join our Woburn, MA clinical genomics facility. This individual will be responsible for the preparation of patient samples for clinical pathological analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the duties of a histotechnologist for a specific area/section of the Laboratory or rotates in all sections/areas as needed.
- Performs tissue fixation, preparation, embedding, sectioning and staining procedures for routine preparations as well as frozen sections.
- Follows all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Maintains all required records, logs, charts, and files including archive of blocks and slides.
- Maintain proper documentation including proper specimen handling, labeling, and quality control measures.
- Perform quality control testing where required.
- Assures proper functioning, maintenance, and cleanliness of equipment and work area.
- Maintain adequate stock and efficient use of supplies necessary for performing all procedures as required.
- Participate in biohazard, chemical, and general safety and other continuing education programs.
- Effectively collaborates within team as well as cross-functionally.
- Own aspects of projects under guidance of lab management.
- Operates mostly independently and works on more complex samples. (Histotechnologist II)
- Other duties as assigned.