Akadeum is seeking an R&D leader with the passion for developing new technologies with a company-building mindset who has the ability to engage partners and customers with their expertise.
The individual in this position will be responsible for strategic guidance and growth of R&D, setting the plan for kit development, driving expansion into other applications, and guiding the research for success in partnerships, in addition to getting their hands wet in the lab to help drive milestones and projects to completion. The role will focus on three key areas for Akadeum: research kits in immunology, cancer and single cell sequencing; partnerships; and development of proprietary devices.
The ideal candidate will have experience taking novel products from concept to commercialization, including a combination of kits and devices.
This is a unique opportunity for a dynamic individual with a can-do mentality, who seeks to help drive the success of a small organization.
- Lead the development of novel assays and devices, using microbubbles for applications ranging from research to cell therapy
- Support and continually improve existing products and applications
- Work with management team to identify and define new opportunities that will results in products, patent applications, white papers, posters, grants, etc
- Lead interdisciplinary R&D team in day-to-day tasks, provide technical guidance and data review; represent R&D in quarterly board meetings
- Build, develop and empower a great team that collaborates effectively across the organization
- Set strategic plan and milestones for R&D, establish and work within budgets
- Develop short and long-term product development strategies with accompanying action plans and timelines
- Manage Akadeum’s existing intellectual property portfolio, working with patent attorneys to execute and respond to patent filings
- Conduct experiments in the lab to move milestones along – roughly 25% of time
- Serve as safety officer for the company
- Support partnerships through technical discussions with partners and colleagues
- Vet and develop partnership project plans, align resources and deliver on partner projects
- Assist sales team with technical support for customers, as needed
- Work closely with applications team for data transfer for marketing collateral
- Poster presentations, webinars and conference attendance as needed
- Ensure product development process is followed and provide support for beta testing
- Consideration of COGS early in development process
- Ensure a smooth transition of new products to manufacturing