Role description: Scientist / Team Leader
The successful candidate will oversee existing sequencing and single-cell workflows, as well as help develop new assays and updates to current assays related to NGS applications including nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and antibody therapeutics and participate in the development of clinical candidates in an academic setting. The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative, resourceful and effective team-player who is enthusiastic to tackle challenging scientific and technical problems.
- Independently perform benchwork on projects to ensure successful execution of all workflows.
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology
- Experience with nucleic acid extraction/purification technology
- Experience working with RNA
- Experience with single-cell workflows
- Experience in working with automated instruments and robots.
- Be comfortable with and able to adapt to regular protocol changes as protocols are being developed and improved
- Strong knowledge of the underlying concepts of Next Generation Sequencing
- Assist with training new associate scientists on laboratory workflows – documentation, benchwork, maintenance.
- Lead a small technical team conducting all genomics workflows for a world-class academic center of over 50 members.
- Collaborate with lead scientists in troubleshooting workflows
- Independently generate reports for results on benchwork and send to collaborators.
- Detailed recordkeeping during project progress, procedures, deviations, etc.
- Maintain instruments and order/maintain supplies
- Collaborate within the group, as well as with collaborators around the world