The Field Applications Scientist position is expected to help support customers and contribute to customer success in the onboarding process of new product and/or instruments related to the companies immunoassay reagent portfolio. This role requires demonstrated skill at troubleshooting, communication, time management, situational awareness, poise under pressure, and collaboration. You will be expected to build and maintain strong relationships with external Service teams, and internal Customer Support, Sales and Marketing teams.
- Coordinate new installations, and instrument validation toward the successful adoption of new products.
- With assistance, conduct on-site (or online) customer trainings on ALPCO suite of immunoassay products.
- Assist technical solutions team with troubleshooting customer complaints related to assay or experimental design, software, instruments, or user's technical skill. Escalate to appropriate internal resources as necessary to maximize customer uptime and minimize customer effort.
- Help communicate essential technical product updates to external customers and Sales counterparts to drive customer success.
- Contribute to customer relationship management, understanding customer goals, and setting appropriate product and performance expectations.
- Basic awareness of competitor activities and innovations within the marketplace.
- Communicate strategic and competitive customer feedback to Sales, Marketing, and product development teams.
- With guidance, prioritize tasks and responsibilities to achieve departmental key performance metrics.
- Represent the company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.