A Field Applications Scientist (FAS) provides pre and post sales product support through pre-sales presentations, product demonstrations product evaluations, and leading the customer implementation process. The successful candidate will collaborate with the territory sales managers to achieve established corporate sales and financial goals. The FAS will leverage in-house technical, scientific and commercial resources to drive expedited customer capture.
The FAS will promote and support highly technical product offerings to a diverse scientific customer base. Candidates are required to have laboratory experience with modern molecular biology applications such as next generation sequencing (NGS), fragment analysis, and qPCR methods. Experience in a clinical laboratory setting is an advantage. Individuals must be self-motivated and goal oriented with a strong desire for success. The successful candidate will leverage their robust molecular biology knowledge to support sales activities that drive business growth.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with Territory Sales Managers to develop and execute short- and mid-term sales tactics to meet/exceed commercial sales goals
- Provide in-field product expertise to support complex technical sales discussions with current and prospective customers
- Utilize approved strategic marketing messaging while managing customer relationships and supporting all aspects of the sales cycle
- Manage application support for product evaluations and launch activities, including troubleshooting, follow up training, data analysis and validation support when needed
- Conduct product training activities including; supervising technical services staff , customer training agenda and schedule, design and revision of training documentation, and coordination of web based and internal training programs
- Support consistent and responsive front line communication with customer inquiries and complaints, including all appropriate communication tracking processes
- Maintain consistent and timely communications with Product Managers to ensure success of market campaigns and programs
- Support and promote Asuragen products through attendance at workshops, seminars, and customer visits (Travel required up to 70%)
- Partner with marketing to ensure sales tools and materials are available and fit-for-purpose to support driving successful attainment of territory goals
- Provide timely market and customer feedback to product management and marketing team to ensure strategic insights are being captured
- Assist with planning and organization of local customer relation events, participating in tradeshows, seminars and workshops and conducting technical seminars in the field
- Provide input to territory sales managers for customer business review presentations Provide detailed customer engagement reporting through accurate and timely record keeping in Salesforce.com
- Define and create technical training modules for workshops, customer product training, sales & marketing personnel and distributors, together with contributions to and review of marketing and product materials with technical content
- Assemble and maintain internal and external training materials on the general specifications, inputs, outputs, and FAQ’s of Asuragen’s product offerings
- Acquire expertise in all current and new Asuragen products and platforms via interaction with operations, development, and research personnel
- Attend and contribute to interdepartmental meetings, including input on product design and related technical issues. Seek training opportunities that enhance the technical knowledge base
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
- PhD Preferred; B.S. or equivalent acceptable; four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of molecular biology/techniques.
- Practical laboratory experience of using applications such as next generation sequencing (NGS), sample preparation, qPCR and/ or capillary electrophoresis assays and panels
- In depth knowledge of clinical laboratory assay adoption practices and processes, experience with assay implementation is mandatory
- Highly desirable - prior selling experience to clinical diagnostic customers.