Engineer, Photonics Design
1305 O’Brien Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Work with the chip design team to identify potential innovations for Pacific Biosciences chips and systematically evaluate their potential performance in-silico using a variety of simulation tools
- Collaborate with process development team during prototype fabrication
- Design of integrated optical components for Pacific Biosciences chips
- Follow up on fabrication of prototypes for new concepts and execute test plans to evaluate their performance against design
- Design, build and verification of custom test tools to measure device-specific performance parameters
- Implementation of design into a layout with the aid of a CAD tool
- Documentation of optical component and tool designs
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics or Master’s degree in computer or electrical engineering and 1+ years’ experience or equivalent experience in industry
- A strong theoretical and practical understanding of integrated optics and silicon-based photosensors
- Perform numerical simulation of Optical Near-Field Structures using FDTD methods (Lumerical), beam propagation method.
- Extensive experience writing algorithms for data processing and image processing (Matlab, Python)
- Experience with CMOS Image sensor or related photosensor technology design a strong plus
- Design of mechanical parts and jigs in AutoCAD, SolidWorks a plus
- Design, construction and automation of custom measurement systems, especially as it pertains to integrated optics test stands, photosensor characterization, microscopy systems and electrical probing stands a plus
How to Apply
About Our Organization
PacBio is a leading provider of high quality, long-read sequencing platforms.