Come join HP, the founder of Silicon Valley. We are looking for highly talented people to join the Technology Strategy and Ventures team at HP.
The team works with HP’s business units and on behalf of the company’s executive leadership team to drive the development of HP’s long-term technology vision and strategy. We distill socio-economic, demographic, technological, and industry trends to identify new market segments, products, and business models that will help shape HP’s future growth. We lead investigations and incubations of disruptive, technology enabled new businesses for HP. And we are responsible for HP’s partnership and investment activities with early-stage start-ups in industry-shifting technology areas (e.g., Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Manufacturing, Digital Health, VR/AR, Security, Gaming, 3D Printing).
The HP Technology Strategy and Ventures team is driving the strategic direction for our new, microfluidics-based, growth businesses… beginning with healthcare diagnostics. As the world’s largest microfluidics company with 30+ years of inkjet printing experience, we have the expertise and scale to make sophisticated microfluidics solutions that can disrupt healthcare diagnostics through performance and cost.
As part of this team, you will leverage your prior experience in healthcare/ life sciences strategy and business development to accelerate HP’s new initiatives in healthcare diagnostics. You will serve as the in-house life sciences expert and will establish initial customer relationships and key partnerships. As part of the founding team for a new business, you will have the opportunity to work closely with senior leaders on strategic issues in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Evaluate new life sciences growth opportunities, support strategy development for potential businesses, and operationalize via partnerships and ecosystem development
- Influence senior executives and collaborate cross-functionally with colleagues across HP to develop and execute on our life sciences vision and strategy
- Develop partnership strategy and roadmap; Identify and qualify leads and manage partner funnel
- Initiate and lead business development discussions with potential partners and other ecosystem participants
- Develop pitch materials and presentations for partners, investors, and industry events
- Analyze industry trends, competitive developments, and expansion opportunities
- Advanced degree in Life Sciences field
- 10+ years interdisciplinary healthcare / life sciences industry experience, preferably in Healthcare Diagnostics
- Demonstrated Business Development track record (experience in prospecting, negotiating, structuring, and closing deals /partnerships)
- Deep understanding of healthcare and life sciences markets and applications from a technical and business perspective
- Strong network of key decision makers in the healthcare and life sciences industry
- Proven ability to develop and maintain C-level relationships
- Excellent executive-level presentation and communication skills; ability to create and deliver high-profile presentations to a variety of internal and external audiences
- Experience raising funds from a variety of sources
- Self-starter with ability to handle unstructured situations and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Team player with ability to deliver results cross-functionally within a large organization