POSITION SUMMARY:This role will be responsible for developing relationships and negotiating Companion Diagnostic (CDx) partnerships with pharma and biotech customers, enabling them to benefit from ArcherDX’s portfolio of current and future CDx solutions. The candidate will be highly collaborative and will work cross-functionally with various stakeholders including CDx business development (BD) peers, CDx/IVD internal development teams, marketing, legal, finance, regulatory, and clinical teams. The successful candidate brings to this role proven business development and/or sales/consulting experience, the ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams, as well as technical and commercial perspective on pharmaceutical sponsored biomarker driven pivotal clinical trials.
- Headquarters is in Boulder, CO. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Perform research, identify account opportunities and work with manager to create prioritized account targeting list
- Responsible for the development and preparation of sales strategy for the targeted accounts in the assigned territory spanning both current CDx offerings (e.g. solid tumor) and anticipated future offerings
- Manage major pharma and biotech CDx relationships to negotiate and secure companion diagnostic development programs and clinical trial assay opportunities
- Work closely with pharma BD team and Alliance Management to manage current opportunities, collaborate with peers and continue to drive revenue to ArcherDX
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate company team members to identify and communicate new and future product needs, development and market trends
- Plan visits to customer and prospect sites within the assigned territory
- Prepare and conduct online and in-person presentations, communicating ArcherDX differentiation and value proposition
- Provide customer service/support when necessary, to existing customers
- Review, understand and comply with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguard the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Process and handle European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- Minimum 5 years of business development, sales or market development experience with direct ownership of key accounts (regulated markets preferred)
- Understanding of regulatory requirements (PMA, CE-IVD, GLP, GCP, GMP, CLIA) within the CDx co-development process to align with therapeutic processes
- Demonstrated ability to develop customer insights and to position a technical solution to multiple pharma or biotech stakeholders (development team, executives, commercial team, etc.)
- Excellent forecasting and revenue goal achievement skills through strategic selling practices
- Demonstrated comfort in public speaking and presentation
- Demonstrated effectiveness with negotiation skills and relationship management
- Clinical, pharma, or medical background/sales experience, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable
- Computer literacy, especially with regard to modern scientific user interfaces, document and presentation preparation and report writing
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Drive and determination
- Demonstrated success selling highly technical solutions into pharma and biotech companies
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining new business relationships
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Organized with a strong sales process orientation
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand holding
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- Willingness to travel (~ 30-50%)
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree (Life Sciences or Business preferred)
- Advanced degree preferred