Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Customer Solutions Development Clinical Specialist position is part of the Service Product and Business Management team in Illumina’s Customer Solutions organization. The CSD Clinical Specialist plays a key role in enhancing Illumina’s unparalleled customer support by integrating the needs of the Customer Solutions department into the release of new diagnostics products (examples of these products include the MiSeqDx instrument, MiSeqDx Cystic Fibrosis assays, and VeriSeq NIPT Solution). They are also responsible for managing the development and execution of the support strategies for new diagnostics products.
- Develop hands-on experience with Illumina’s instruments, assays, and systems
- Understand the development of technical solutions related to IVD software, assay, and hardware products and translate these solutions into support documentation and training programs for the global field service team and customers.
- Work with the CSD clinical team to create support and sustaining procedures for diagnostic products and services for the Service & Support organization
- Be able to work on cross functional IVD product development teams and represent the voice of the customer (VoC).
- Be able to identify and escalate problems identified in internal and external testing to CSD team leads and Core development teams.
- Be an active part of the service and support transformation into the clinical space. Help disseminate information about the needs of clinical customers and processes
- Represent Customer Solutions on product development core teams; managing execution of support deliverables for software, assay, and hardware components; manages projects with minimal supervision
- Work with the Commercial Training group to develop curricula for support of demonstrating use, service, and installation of new products
- Assist with the development of key group processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization.
- Occasional travel (up to 15%)
- Experience with Illumina next generation sequencing technology, and/or other molecular diagnostic technologies, such as microarray, PCR, or sanger sequencing
- Experience working in a Clinical Laboratory environment and/or experience working for an IVD manufacturer.
- Experience with U.S. and European IVD regulations (21 CFR P820 and the European IVDD)
- Experience with Customer training or training field service personnel.
- Experience using clinically compliant hardware, assay, and software products
- Experience training end-users
- Experience in a direct customer support role
- Proficient with MS Word, Salesforce.com, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, WorkFront
- PhD, MS, or BS in Molecular Biology, Biomedical, Biology, Biochemistry, or Genetics, or related degree
- Experience building quality relationships with external vendors
- Experience operating a complex system in an industrial environment
- Deep technical understanding of clinical customers with specific knowledge of new product introduction activities and service product requirements
- Comprehensive IVD and clinical knowledge to design and develop, with help from the Commercial Training Group, programs that will be offered to tech support, field service, and external customers
- Knowledge of clinical software product release cycle and configuration management
- 5+ years of IVD manufacturer/commercial biotech/biomedical/Life Science/Clinical Laboratory industry experience preferred
- Prior experience in an in-house or field support role preferred
- Highly motivated with strong problem solving ability, excellent verbal and written communications skills preferred
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years of clinical/IVD product management experienced
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Clear vision and commitment to providing outstanding customer service
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf