Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is currently seeking an ideal candidate for the role of Clinical Laboratory Technologist. The Clinical Laboratory Technologist will provide support to a new and innovative clinical laboratory. This unique opportunity is ideal for a highly motivated person with clinical laboratory experience who is interested in applying their expertise to validate and perform clinical tests and also establish new assays in collaboration with scientist at CSHL. The tests will include existing tests, such as COVID-19, and also work on a new testing platform to enable personalized therapeutics for cancer patients. The individual will work in conjunction with the Medical Director and Lab Supervisor to perform clinical laboratory tests in compliance with applicable regulatory standards and internal policies.
- Perform and standardize laboratory tests in accordance with applicable regulatory standards and internal policies.
- Work on development of new test procedures and methodologies and validate as Lab Developed Tests.
- Perform DNA and RNA extractions, grow cells in culture, extract and measure markers.
- Perform testing for troubleshooting, method evaluations, and other laboratory functions.
- Work with the Medical Director, Lab Manager and Lab Supervisor to develop clinical research and clinical laboratory SOPs
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards including but not limited to: NYSDOH, CAP, OSHA, FDA, the Joint Commission, EPA, governing the Clinical Lab.
- Perform related duties as required.