Job Title: Clinical Lab Scientist
Department: Extraction Department - Laboratory
Reports to: Extraction Team Lead
Join a team of accomplished scientists!
AKESOgen is looking to hire talented experts with extreme attention to detail for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
Responsibilities and Duties for Clinical Laboratory Scientist:
- Adhere to and follow laboratory established procedures for processing, analyzing and reporting patient samples.
- Follow laboratory established quality control policies and protocols in recording readings, note deviations and document all corrective actions taken when deviations occur.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance and turnaround time and immediately bring it to supervisor, Director, or Medical directors' attention.
- Be proficient in a wide range of routine and complex assays performed at AKESOgen with appropriate training.
- Be willing to run automated Nucleic Acid instrumentation, real time PCR, DNA/RNA spectrometer, genetic scanners, and other instruments with appropriate training.
- Assist in performing proficiency testing as required.
- Assist in improving quality management and writing/updating SOPs as required.
- Organize and analysis data and help troubleshoot issues with supervisor.
- Understand and follow OSHA, CLIA* and CAP guidelines.
- Plays a key role in maintaining instrumentation and the appropriate documentation for each instrument and assays in their department.
- Demonstrate a high level of ethics in all aspects of professional practice.
- Ensure the accuracy of the information before filing and reported.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized lab.
Essential Job Duties: All duties are subject to change by managers during employment. The following is an outline and is not intended to be inclusive of all tasks that could be requested of employee.
*For individuals listed on CLIA Form CMS-209, please also refer to personnel requirements for Testing Personnel.