Automation Marketing Manager
5301 Stevens Creek Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95051
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a product marketing professional to join the fast-paced Agilent Mass Spectrometry and Automation Marketing team. This is your opportunity to join the team that's bringing differentiated new liquid handling products and workflow application solutions to the life science and applied markets to help our customers increase their efficiency and streamline their analytical workflows. As a member of this hard-working team, you will provide leadership to the product marketing group whose mission it is to further advance the success of Agilent's Automated Liquid Handling portfolio (including Bravo, AssayMAP Bravo, RapidFire). You will be responsible for the overall strategic direction of the Automation product portfolio and execution of the go-to market strategies that your team develops. We are looking for a leader with strong inter-personal skills who can be a highly-effective coach for their team and work collaboratively with peers across different functions in the organization.
To accomplish this, you will have the responsibility to:
- Lead the team of Product Marketing Managers responsible for Agilent's full portfolio of Automated Liquid Handling instruments & consumables
- Work with Agilent's worldwide sales organization to manage and drive sales funnel and forecasts to ensure performance against financial goals for your product lines.
- Be responsible for the overall product pricing strategy, product messaging, positioning and configuration to ensure optimum financial performance versus business goals for current and future products using market research and feedback from customers.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders within Agilent including sales, support, research & development, order fulfillment and manufacturing to achieve business objectives.
- Work with the R&D team to effectively meet new product introduction goals.
- Manage the development of an overall sales training program that enables the sales team to clearly position Agilent's Automation products and explain their benefits to customers.
- Lead projects to conduct market and competitive analysis to define trends and strategically evaluate new market opportunities and identify automation products and solutions that can enhance customer workflows.
- Work with marketing communications professionals to develop the global plan for lead generation programs.
- Create and deliver presentations at conferences, workshops, and customer sites.
- Bachelor's Degree, Masters or Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years product marketing experience with a preference for 5+ year's practical experience with liquid handling instrumentation and applications
- Experience with Product Management/Marketing of automation instruments, consumables or software products in the life science & applied markets is required. Technical knowledge of liquid handling instrumentation is a must and a clear understanding of customer workflows and applications within these markets is essential.
- A proven track record of setting measurable and achievable goals and managing to achieve them.
- Strong organizational skills. Be able to demonstrate the ability to set priorities based on alignment with business goals and strategic direction, define timelines and deliver to commitments.
- Demonstrated use of marketing skills and market knowledge to define and commercialize products that result in business success.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with sales and marketing professionals across the organization to develop effective market strategies and programs which meet revenue forecasts and growth targets.
- Experience in working with worldwide customers and is a strong internal advocate for customer-focused solutions and application-driven development.
- Must exhibit strategic thinking, teamwork, creativity, planning and execution skills backed by strong analytical and decision making.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Ability to convey Agilent's product solution vision and market strategy to internal and external partners.
- Must have flexibility in working hours and available for 25% national & international business travel.
How to Apply