Roche Sequencing and Life Sciences is looking to hire an experienced Automation Manager to manage a team of both field-based and development scientist focused on providing high-throughput workflow solutions for our Next Generation Sequencing product portfolio.
The Manager will report to the Director of Support & Applications and have the following responsibilities:
- Manage a team of Automation Development Scientists and Field Application Specialist who provide workflow solutions for our Next Generation Sequencing products on high-throughput liquid handling platforms.
- Develop the Automation roadmap for Sequencing & Life Sciences through both internal stakeholder management and external vendor collaborations.
- Manage all automation projects according to agreed timelines and report on progress.
- Manage the day-to-day activities, goal setting, performance management, and development of the team.
- Manage team budget, including travel and expense reporting, as well as operational cost of the Automation projects.
- Provide expert knowledge of products and automation solutions to key accounts, with the goal of providing consultative scientific support.
- Mentor team members and provide support for their career development goals
- Ability to travel (50 - 75% of the time) to work in the field with Sales to attend customer meetings and scientific conferences.