Roche Sequencing and Life Sciences is looking to hire an experienced Applications Manager to build and develop a team of scientist focused on implementing novel and existing applications for our Next Generation Sequencing product portfolio.
The Manager will report to the Director of Support & Applications and have the following responsibilities:
- Hire and manage a team of Applications Scientist who will develop and provide workflow solutions for both new and existing NGS customers.
- Develop the Application roadmap for Sequencing & Life Sciences through collaboration with other Support & Applications teams, Sales, Marketing, and other members of the Roche organization.
- Participate in applications and marketing projects, including the design and execution of experiments, data analysis, and proper documentation and report generation.
- Manage the day-to-day activities, goal setting, performance management, and development of the team.
- Manage team budget, including travel and expense reporting, as well as operational cost of the Applications lab.
- Initiate and manage collaborations with customers for the development of new applications and relevant collateral, including Applications Notes and Technical Papers.
- Provide expert knowledge of products and applications to key accounts, with the goal of providing consultative scientific support.
- Provide expert technical knowledge to Marketing for promotional collateral.
- Travel (up to 25% of the time) to work in the field with Sales to attend customer meetings and scientific conferences.