At Novartis, we aim to change the practice of medicine, and innovation not only means developing effective, targeted medicines quickly, but also ensuring that these medicines get to the patients who need them. Our vision is to be a trusted leader in changing the practice of medicine. To achieve that, we are continuously seeking talented individuals who are passionate about making a difference in healthcare to be a part our team!
We are currently seeking an experienced Administrator, CAD/Engineering Documentation for our San Carlos, CA site.
The Administrator, CAD/Engineering Documentation will provide engineering drawing and documentation management support to internal customers within Novartis Technical Operations. This is an essential role within the Project Engineering, Automation and Controls Team responsible for AutoCAD and COMOS support as a super-user for training, as an admin for user access, and a drafter/designer for CAD creations/revisions.
• Manage the engineering drawings electronic archive (COMOS/AutoCAD) and master drawing library.
• Own and administer site engineering drawing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and work practices. Update SOPs/work practices and train users as appropriate.
• Provide AutoCAD/COMOS designer support and ensure the prompt/accurate turnaround of engineering drawings/updates involving Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), Facility Record Drawings such as floor plan updates and special characterizations, design drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams.
• Maintain a valued-added and current engineering document library comprising mostly of Project Turnover packages in both electronic and hard copy forms, and have oversight of the check-in and check-out process.
• Revise CAD drawings from field as-built drawings or sketches and create new CAD drawings using solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Engineering terminology to support facility projects and improvements.
• Develop piping isometrics and process flow diagrams proficiently.
• Perform quality engineering checks on final drawing products and assist with field verification of drawings.
• Support improvement efforts within the engineering drawings and archives area.
• Provide periodic updates to manager summarizing progress.
• Interface with the internal global COMOS support team as the site system and user representative.
• Analyze and/or review reports, studies, specifications, drawings, test plans, and other data to maintain accurate, current records.
• Keep current on best practices as they relate to computer aided design, drafting and the COMOS system.
• Support SAP-PM and CMX end users with Functional Location (FLOC) generation.
• Own and administer equipment id, instrument id, piping id and valves id logs.
• Champion a Quality Culture while complying with all HSE requirements.